Tough As Nails is a pelleted hoof supplement designed to provide beneficial nutrients essential to strong and healthy hoof growth.
- Biotin - many horses have genetically poor hoof quality. Research studies show improvement in many horses over a period of months with biotin
- Calcium - Involved in cross-linking of hoof proteins. If diet is deficient in calcium, hoof structure can be impaired
- Iodine - Can act as anti-fungal agent at higher levels. Field observations suggest oral iodine may help resolve white line disease
- Organic minerals - Organic sources of certain minerals, especially zinc and copper, are absorbed more readily than inorganic sources. Zinc and copper work with enzymes important in developing and maintaining hoof structure
- Methionine/Cystine - Sulfur containing amino acids, when in the correct balance with other amino acids, can improve hoof quality and growth